When We Are Closed
What do you do if you are ill between 18:00 and 08:00 or at the weekend?
In an emergency, dial 999. For example, in the event of:
- chest pain
- severe breathing difficulty
- serious injury
Otherwise dial direct to NHS24 on 111
Be prepared to give personal information to the receptionist who answers your call. You can download a form HERE which you can complete with relevant information and keep handy. When the receptionist has this information, s/he will connect you to a nurse advisor who will ask you questions to assess your medical condition.
You may be offered advice to meet your needs OR
- an arrangement may be made for a doctor to phone you back
- you may be offered transport to the treatment centre at Aviemore Health Centre
- you may be asked if you feel able to transport yourself to the treatment centre at Aviemore Health Centre
- an arrangement may be made for a home visit from a doctor. It would be helpful, in this case, if you could unlock your front door and put on an outside light to help the doctor find you
- an ambulance may be sent – with or without a GP
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.